In Joensuu, during Ilosaarirock you can choose to stay in a camping site right by the festival area or in hotels and private accommodations in Joensuu and nearby areas.
The official campsite of the Ilosaarirock Festival is “Holiday Linnunlahti” located right next to the festival area. Special Ilosaari Camping tickets providing access to this well-equipped camping site that operates all year round are sold throughout the festival weekend.
Ilosaari Camping Thu–Mon 70 €
Ilosaari Camping Fri–Mon 65 €
Silent & Green Fri–Mon 70 €
Fee for a campervan/caravan pitch with electricity (Thu–Mon) 150 €
Fee for a campervan/caravan pitch without electricity (Thu–Mon) 100 €
Bus parking 200 €
The camping tickets are personal, not tent or campervan/caravan specific, so each campsite guest must buy their own camping ticket. The camping tickets can be bought here.
Ilosaari Camping offers its campsite guests all the normal Holiday Linnunlahti services – with some extra features added especially for the festival-goers. The services include e.g.:
- Private gate to the festival area
- Sauna available from morning ‘til afternoon
- Indoor toilets plus additional toilet facilities
- Warm showers
- Outdoor summer kitchen and barbecue areas
- Plenty of water taps
- 24-hour reception
- Licenced area for serving alcohol, a café and food sales
- Rock Brunch
- Nearest grocery store 500 metres away
Silent & Green
Located at the edge of the campsite, Silent & Green is an exclusive zone of the Ilosaari Camping area that quiets down for the night. You can opt for the Silent & Green zone, when purchasing your Ilosaari Camping ticket. There are a limited number of places available.
Campervans & Caravans
There are a limited number of pitches with an electric hook-up and a number of non-electric pitches available at the Ilosaari Camping site for campervans and caravans. We recommend you book your spot in advance. The pitches are located in the close vicinity of the tent area and are allocated at a first come first served basis. In addition to the campervan/caravan fee, each guest staying at the campsite must also buy their own personal Ilosaari Camping ticket. Other nearby areas for campervans/caravans are located at the Jokiasema campsite.
Sleeping in vehicles that are not officially registered as campervans/caravans is forbidden.
Ilosaari Camping General Info
- The age limit at Ilosaari Camping is 12.
- The accommodation period starts on Thursday at 2:00 pm and ends on Monday at 12:00 noon.
- Cars are not allowed in the Ilosaari Camping site during the festival weekend. There is a secure multi-storey car park close to the campsite, where you can park your car.
- Bringing food and drink to the Ilosaari Camping site is allowed.
- Tents cannot be joined together. The safe distance between tents is 1 meter.
- If you wish to bring a large military-style field camp tent (“puolijoukkueteltta”), please contact beforehand.
- Gazebos and tarp canopies are forbidden for safety reasons.
- Bringing pets to the area is not allowed.
- Open fires and barbecuing are only permitted in the designated BBQ areas.
- Bringing furniture to the campsite is not allowed.
- There are recycling bins for litter at the campsite. Please only bring things that you take back home with you.
- Each guest staying at the campsite must fill out a registration form that can be printed out from here or the Holiday Linnunlahti website.
Get familiar with the site map of Ilosaari Camping by downloading it here.
For more information, please contact:
During the festival weekend, parking for passenger cars is available in the secure multi-storey car park just across the street from the Ilosaari Camping site from Friday 12:00 noon to Monday 10:00 am. Festival-goers that stay at the campsite over the weekend and arrive on Thursday can drive their cars into the Ilosaari Camping site grounds upon arrival, and then move the cars into the multi-storey car park on Friday.
Entering and leaving the multi-storey car park with your car during the festival is allowed. You may also pop by your car all weekend long, but please note that the car park is fully closed at night. Holiday Linnunlahti is responsible for the arrangements related to the parking areas. There are a limited number of parking spaces.
Sleeping in cars is strictly forbidden.
Parking fee (Fri–Mon) 40 €. Buy your parking ticket here.
Hotels in Joensuu
The nearest hotels are located in Joensuu city centre, approximately a 1,5 kilometer distance from the Ilosaarirock festival site.
Please be aware of possible scammers when reserving your private accommodations! We recommend you book your stay via verified channels or people you know and can identify. If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is! Ilosaarirock Festival is not responsible for any possible scams you may encounter when reserving a private accommodation.